Nathan Mwangi KARIUKIDoctorant en géographie humaine Ecole Doctorale Montaigne-HumanitésThèse : « Space-sharing concept : The sustainability of the New city night markets in Thika town » – Dir. B. Calas
Travaux de recherche :
- Presentation of the PhD work at the Urban Subsistence, Urban-Rural Links and Social Mutations in the City: Burundian and Kenyan Cases at a Glance workshop at The French Research Institute in Africa (IFRA) between 13th – 14th December 2018 at IFRA Nairobi
- Presentation of the PhD work in Les séminaires de LAM – Les Afriques dans le monde“ Space and Mobility in Kenyan Intermediate Towns “ on 27th November 2018 at Maison Des Suds
- May 2019 Field work research grant to conduct research in Nairobi from Institut Français De Recherche En Afrique IFRA (500 Euros).
- August 2018: Connecting Classrooms: An online course organized by the British council on teaching core skills in High School.
Monitorat, ATER, Chargé de cours
- Currently I’m teaching at St. Alexis, Ruchu Girls High School. I teach Geography and Business with a workload of 25 hours a week from Monday to Saturday.
- I’m the assistant Dean of studies in the school in charge of exams and Time tabling. I also organize Sunday services in the school every week.
Activité professionnelle en liaison avec le sujet de thèse
- Fieldwork exposition in Githunguri and Thika between 12-20th May 2019 together with Thesis Director Pr. Bernard Calas and 3 Masters Students of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) project entitled “European Interdisciplinary Master African Studies (EIMAS)