Rachel Beatty RIEDL
Professeure en relations internationales.
Etudes portant sur : Les partis politiques, La démocratie et les régimes autoritaires, La gouvernance et la religion et la politique – Sénégal, Bénin, Ghana, Zambie, Kenya
Professor, Director of the Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies, the John S. Knight Professor of International Studies
Rachel Beatty Riedl is the Einaudi Center’s director and John S. Knight Professor of International Studies and professor in the Department of Government.
Her research interests include institutional development in new democracies, local governance and decentralization policy, authoritarian regime legacies, and religion and politics, with a regional focus in Sub-Saharan Africa. Previously, she was an Associate Professor in the Department of Political Science, Faculty Fellow in the Institute for Policy Research, and Director of the Program of African Studies at Northwestern University. She has also been a visiting fellow at the Yale Program on Democracy, the Kellogg Institute for International Studies, and the Princeton Institute for International and Regional Studies. She is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and Chair of the Comparative Democratization section of the American Political Science Association. PhD Princeton University.
- Research Interest(s): Comparative Democratization; Political Party Systems and Democratic Institutions; Decentralization and Local Governance; Authoritarian Legacies; Religion and Politics
- Program Area(s): Comparative Politics
- Regional Specialization(s): Africa
- Subfield Specialties: Comparative Historical Analysis; Political Parties
- GOVT 2274 : Global Studies Gateway
- Authoritarian-Led Democratization (Annual Review of Political Science, Volume 23, 2020)
- From Pews to Politics, Religious Sermons and Political Participation in Africa (Cambridge University Press, October 2019)
- Authoritarian Origins of Democratic Party Systems in Africa (Cambridge University Press, March 2014)
Contacter par courriel
Utilisez le formulaire ci-dessous pour envoyer un courriel à Rachel Beatty RIEDL